Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Times of India(?)

Haven't posted on this blog for quite some time now. In fact it's been almost a year. Anyways better late than never.
A recent visit to TOI's website proved to be quite enlightening. I didn't know Tara Reid was Indian. Nor did I know that India had annexed Pakistan (finally). And while I was unaware prostitution, nudity and sleaze had become the primary sources of news about India. It's true. If you don't believe me, kripaya TOI ki website access karne ki cheshtaa karein!
A newspaper that calls itself The Times of India has absolutely no space for Indian news in it. And when it is about India, most of it is about people who one doesn't care about. Here is a glimpse of what I saw one fine day on their site:
  • Tara Reid got a separate room to house her shoes.
  • Three women were held in Delhi for prostitution.
  • NRI mansions for Rs. 300 per month.
  • Top 10 prettiest Pakistanis.
  • Bollywood's tragic star lives.
  • Naked web chat a rage in China.
Really???
Are these the times of India. I wonder...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad someone is fighting for the forests. I personally like forest too and hate any sort of chopping, poaching or hunting. Not to beat around the bush or anything, but I'd rather take an axe and cut my left little finger off than read the ridiculous stuff they print in TOI.

Normally I write with more eloquence, but words fail me now. ToI sucks!!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just chanced upon this blog and felt vindicated. TOI Pune Sucks!. (Dont even want to acknowledge PT.) Eons back in time I was a fan of TOI (Delhi) and I wonder if it still is the best.

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regularly visit this site to check for new posts ... please continue TOI bashing, more frequently. I like to read it better than anything else.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... was pleasantly surprised by this blog. Thank you for entertaining reads and affirmation of the fact that I'm not the only one who rants and raves about PT.

Today's issue was splattered with Miss India stuff. Who cares. Really.

Only thing is that I got to see what Homi Adajania looks like - cute!

Dudes - are you really going to start getting manicures in the hope that Koena Mitra picks you? Right. And you have a chance.

And since when did they start the little geography lessons on the last page? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Write on, boys. Lemme know if you want me to contribute - I'll be more than happy to.

4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But why isn't anyone writing about the paper anymore? I guess there's nothing left to say anymore, considering that things won't change with the paper! Tsch Tsch..

2:06 PM  
Blogger Pinkou said...

Why i don't like Times of India? Because

12:35 PM  
Blogger mannab said...

TOI has been deteriorating for the last a few years and now it has reached point of no return. TOI in Mumbai does not have any space about Marathi people and their culture, events. The news about demise of Marathi people does not appear in TOI which is patronised by Marathi readers. Take the recent news of sad demise of veteran leader Prabhakar Sanzgiri on 9th March 2009. This did not get any coverage in TOI of 10th March 2009
Mangesh

3:26 AM  
Blogger workhard said...

TOI, is tabloid.


Write poetry

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To purchase book of all types, following link may help you:
Book katta.com

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home