Wednesday, September 15, 2004

More about Times

This is an excerpt from Blog of Sumankumar

Times of India: Exotic journalism ;)
A couple of days back I came across a post on vichaar.org. The article spoke about how Times publishes adult content on its portal homepage. I was not shocked and I took it all in with a somber resignation. I am not going into the morality (or the lack of it thereof) of posting such content on a space flocked to by thousands; I am merely sighing, 'how low will you stoop?' Why doesn't a Shivsena or a Bajrangdal protest against such blatant misuse of journalistic privilege? Take TOI's city-based supplements. I have read issues of Pune, Bangalore, and Chennai. Not even a single issue contains news. The writers write about some party or the other; or about the Page 3 people. They publish pictures of these people. Yea, I can live with that all right. But the writing! These guys need some help. In the name of style they write nonsense. One of Times' headlines: Sonia queen. King Cong. I mean, hey, who is your chief editor? Is he still in high school? Some of the high-school news papers have better editorial skills than those at Times. I could go on but Jivha saved me the trouble. Take a look at his Times of India chronicles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abhishek said...

I was just wondering if PT worse or does Mandira take the cake. Anyway the good thing is that u can switch EI off and just watch the match. But subjectively me thinks Extraaa Innings is the worst exhibition of TV anchoring ever.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool site
online dating

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home